Conservation and Sustainability at Sticker Mountain
At Sticker Mountain, we believe in more than just creating high-quality stickers and experiences. We strive to find more sustainable opportunities to become a part of our manufacturing process, as well as find ways to conserve more of our natural surroundings. By being based in a state that is constantly innovating and changing the technologies of sustainability, it inspires us to look outwards for other ways we can do better in earth-friendly alternatives.
What We Do as a Company
Not only is it important to conserve and maintain ecosystems, it is equally as important to run a sustainable company. Here are just a few things we do to help out our planet.
- The most important part of our job is finding the right paper. Not only does it have to be a high-enough quality for our standards, but they must be ethically sourced. Our papers are sourced from Avery and UPM Raflatac. Both companies do quite a lot in sustainability. Avery is making moves to advance the circular economy, and UPM Raflatac is a leader in innovating sustainable labels.
- Our papers are FSC certified. This means our paper suppliers manage forests responsibly, thus protecting water quality, Indigenous People’s rights, endangered animals, as well as prohibiting deforestation, and restricting hazardous chemicals.
- Our HP Indigo printers are also a big part of our sticker and label-making process. These machines are CO2 Neutral and HP is a game-changer when it comes to sustainability. They are building a more circular economy by developing recyclable inks and creating opportunities to reduce inventory waste.
- Since switching to digital printing, 70% of our waste has been reduced.
- We wouldn’t be able to create awesome stickers and labels without some power. 31.9% of our energy is from renewable sources.
- By having over 90% of our lights as LED, we are able to view your printed designs in the best lighting possible, while not having to change them out as frequently.
- Another way we save power and energy is by utilizing the exhaust from our chillers to heat our whole building.
- Recyclability is important to us, so when we finish our labels onto rolls, the cores that these labels wind onto are 100% recyclable.
- When shipping out your brand new labels and stickers, we want to make sure your products are safe. Not only can we keep that promise, but we can do so by using packaging items that are 100% recyclable, such as our boxes, bags, and paper.
- We also choose shipping companies that have positive impacts on our environment. UPS does a phenomenal job of being sustainable by reducing its carbon footprint, creating sustainable solutions, and creating a circular economy.
Paying it Forward
As we promised, we are paying it forward to a foundation that has done amazing things. A percent of all of our sales will be donated to Henry’s Fork Foundation. To everyone at Henry’s Fork Foundation, we want to thank you for trusting us to get your message out! Thank you for all you do! If you would like more information about this foundation please go to their website!
Check out this video to see what they are all about!
The Story Isn't Over Yet
This is a journey that can’t stop here. Sustainable solutions at Sticker Mountain are on the horizon. By 2023, we aim to use only LED lights to conserve energy throughout our office building. By 2028, our goal is to be a certified CO2 Neutral company.